by Chris Robertson
When it comes to home and garden decor, it's easy to fall into a rut. There's only so much time in the day, and between work, taking care of the kids, and running errands, who has the energy to redecorate? Plus, with the prices of everything from gas to groceries going through the roof, who has the money to do renovations or complete makeovers?
The good news is that freshening up your home decor doesn't have to break the bank - and it certainly doesn't need to take up a lot of time and energy. Here are five easy ways to spruce up your surroundings and make the time you spend at home more comfortable and relaxing.
1. Indulge your senses. We're blessed with five senses, but our decorating choices often only address what's in our line of vision. One way to bring another dimension to our living space is to select aromatic candles, incense, or warming oil that infuses the air with beautiful scents. There are so many from which to choose, each of which can convey a different feeling.
2. Bring the outdoors in. Increasingly, people are choosing to move the boundaries of their homes by decorating outdoor patios and yards as an extension of their family rooms and bedrooms. The soothing sounds of wind chimes and fountains, and the beauty of lawn accents will make you want to spend more time outdoors, and give you the feeling that your home has doubled in size.
3. Display your collectibles. Whether you collect figurines or baseball bats, porcelain dolls or Star Wars memorabilia, displaying your collectibles can change the mood of a room. Afterwards, you'll feel more comfortable and relaxed as you're surrounded by the things you love.
4. Use seasonal decor. You can change the tone of a room with a few simple changes. Using seasonal decor, such as a new set of throw pillows or new wall art, is a great way to transform your living space. Use one set of home decor accents in the spring, and then switch them out in the fall.
5. Add a few extra touches. Sometimes, freshening up your home decor is simply a matter of adding a few items. It's kind of like using cosmetics or other health and beauty products - but for your home. For example, the right lighting can convey a variety of moods, while decorative plants can add lushness to a sterile space. Suncatchers will brighten things up, while mirrors can make a room appear larger.
When it comes to finding the right source for home and garden decor, your best bet is to shop online. Instead of going to the big box retailers, it's best to find a site that is family owned an operated, and that is committed to providing a large product line at reasonable prices. With the right site, you should even be able to take advantage of special promotions, like weekly specials and monthly buy-one-get-one promotions.
Keep in mind that freshening up your home doesn't require a lot of time and money. With the right items at the right prices, you can create a haven that you'll be glad to come home to.
Chris Robertson is an author of Majon International, one of the worlds MOST popular internet marketing companies. For tips/information, click here: Home and Garden Decor
Visit Majon's Home and Garden directory.
Article Source: ArticleRich.com
Click images below for all your spring & summer decor needs
Start Fresh - Cleaning and Decorating Your Home This Spring
Spring marks the beginning of nature's rebirth. People welcome it by doing outdoor chores, airing out their homes, and generally giving their homes a thorough cleaning. While cleaning is a spring ritual, redecorating is not. It is too bad that most people don't take this opportunity to change their decor a bit. Let's be frank. This is about the only time of the year when most of us are happy to have cleaning duties! continued below >
Click Images below to shop for Home Products Room by Room !
There is nothing like a freshly cleaned home! The smell, and the feeling of a new beginning, it is just wonderful. I personally love the summer when you can bring in fresh picked flowers to set on the table beside the freshly brewed iced tea. It is also a great time of year to search yard sales and flea markets to pick up inexpensive accessories for your home. It is amazing how uplifting adding a new accessory to a room makes you feel. It is also a sense of accomplishment to look around and see the atmosphere that you have "recreated" with a little bit of imagination and some elbow grease!
In the winter, beginning with Thanksgiving, we have to clean our homes. All sorts of company will be visiting, expecting to see a clean and decorated house. I have to say, this is not easy to do given all of the chaos of the holidays. Somehow we find the energy to generate some Christmas cheer even as others say 'Bah Humbug" when they are faced with the task of cleaning.
Its amazing that as much as we like cleaning in spring, we are totally uninspired when it comes to decorating. This could be due to the conventional thoughts that this is time for cleaning which leaves us with no time or strength to decorate. If this happens to be the case for you, then its my hope that the ideas below will be inspirational.
1) Flowers - Nothing captures the attention upon entering a room like flowers. Flowers are everwhere now that it's spring. You could use some freshly cut flowers and a few candles to create handsome centerpieces or arrangements to decorate your home with.
2) Candles - Candles are an instant mood enhancer! If you want a nice homey feel, light a candle that smells like fresh baked apple pie! So many people think candles are only for the holidays or winter, that is simply not so. When you walk into someone's home that are using candles, the smell is inviting and warm.
3) Towels - Bright, cheerful colors that represent spring, being born, and reborn. These small accents can make a big difference in how you feel about cleaning and decorating including how you feel about cooking as well.
4) Wonderful Scents - Often people don't know this, but how our homes smell is a form of decoration. Our noses experience joy to a certain degree but potpourri and candles are beautiful decor on their own. Set out bowls filled with bright hues and delicately scented fragrance balls, dehydrated fruits, as well as additional decorations. Many gift and perfume stores sell gourmet potpourri and this is an affordable way to include a lovely smelling touch in your home decor.
5) Fresh Fruit - Put bowls of fresh fruit around the house. Many fruits have a very pleasing scent, and on top of that they are appealing to the eye. They do have to be replaced regularly before they become overripe, but they're not expensive and you get to eat them. That's a lot of points in their favor.
For people who desire ideas to decorate their home in the spring I expect this has been helpful. If you still didn't find any special advice to use from what was previously mentioned at least I hope you have been encouraged to look deep within yourself to find your personal ideas to decorate for the spring.